Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week of September 29-October 3, 2008

Hello! Please remember that Monday is an early dismissal at 1:20 p.m. Also, I will offer a study session Wednesday from 7:45 - 8:11 a.m. The students who have attended have earned great test scores! Your extra work will pay off! :-)

7th grade assignments:
Mon.: no homework
Tues.: no homework
Wed.: L. 16
Thurs.: L. 17
Fri.: L. 18

8th grade assignments:
Mon.: L. 20
Tues.: L. 21 evens
Wed.: L. 22
Thurs.: L. 23
Fri.: TEST, so no homework

Just a note on my thoughts on homework... I had someone look at my lesson plans and comment that I did not assign homework every night. This is intentional. If we fill our class time with instruction, games, practice work, & cooperative learning (which we do!), homework is not always necessary. Furthermore, when I do assign homework, I give my students class time to work on it. Because I do not feel that I overload my students, then when they do have work to be completed outside of the classroom, I expect it to be completed! Just thought I'd take a minute to explain my homework philosophy!!

Have a great week!
Mrs. Buescher